About the Spartan Fitness Center
The MWR Fitness Center is home to three MWR programs: Fitness, Sports, and Aquatics. A variety of services & activities is available to include special events, incentive programs and intramural sports that enhance the readiness, retention and quality of life for the sailor and the entire Navy community. In addition, we offer Command Fitness Leader (CFL) courses, Navy Operational Fitness and Fueling Methodology and Group Exercise Classes to improve the morale and quality of life for individuals and groups. All our programs aim to create “Fitness for life” for the entire Navy community, including active duty personnel, family members, retirees and DoD civilians.
U.S. active-duty personnel, dependents (see youth authorization chart to download), DoD civilians and U.S. retirees.
Greek military personnel and local nationals dependents (18 years and older) are also eligible to use the facility and/or participate in programs, however they are not eligible to receive incentives and awards.
- 40 Workout Cards available for the Weight Room and Cardio Area at one time
- Workout as many days a week as you want, no limit
- Personal bags are permitted ONLY in locker rooms
- Be aware of proper attire
The MWR Fitness Center has everything you need to get in or stay in shape!
- Weight room (free weights and selectorized machines)
- Cardio area (step climbers, rowers, air bike, bikes, cross trainers and treadmills)
- Swimming pool for lap swimming
- Volleyball and basketball court
- Shower and exercise towels
- Free daily lockers
- Monthly locker rentals (customers get a free month on their locker rental on their birthday month)
- Tennis court
- Sports field (football, softball and soccer)
- Spin class room
- Aerobics room
- Outdoor TRX area