Who can use MWR services?
Active duty military personnel (U.S. and NATO), their families and guests, reservists, retired military personnel, DoD civilian employees and their family members, and DoD contracted employees or their representatives affiliated with NSA Souda Bay, may all take advantage of MWR services, programs and facilities.
How can I find more about MWR programs?
In addition to the information found on this website, MWR has a monthly newsletter available both online and in print. You can find the link for the online version on our home page, printed copies are available in all MWR facilities. And you can always stay connected via our NSA Souda Bay MWR Facebook page.
Facilities available for rent and their phone numbers include:
- Graffiti's Patio | 266-1354
- Shipmates Patio | 266-1497
I'm stationed at Souda Bay and I want to get out and see Crete - how can I do that?
- If you’re interested in going on one of our monthly Community Recreation tours give us a call at 266-1288.
- If you’re a junior sailor interested in going on a Liberty trip, call the Liberty Center at 266-1354 to learn about specials just for you.
- If you’re interested in going hiking or renting outdoor gear (bikes, kayaks, tents, lamps, etc.), contact Outdoor Recreation at 266-1355.
Where can I go to exchange or withdraw dollars and euro?
NSA Souda Bay has physical locations of Piraeus Bank and Navy Federal Credit Union where you can exchange cash or use other banking services. (Banks are located in building 49 right next to the Training Rooms.)
Each branch also has at least one ATM located around base. Piraeus Bank ATMs dispense both euro and dollars, but Navy Federal ATMs only dispense dollars